Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas List- Stocking Stuffers

Stuffing the stockings may be my favorite part of Christmas! I have so  much fun planning and buying each item that I give Trevor.



Here are the staples- as in each year he has these things: 



1. New Toothbrush
2. Underwear - lately he's gotten really into boxer briefs so I'll probably buy those. I like these ones pictured from Old Navy, get them HERE 
3. Socks. Kids can never have enough socks (and no matter how many pairs you have, you're always still missing one) These ones from Payless are cute and what boy doesn't like Spiderman- get them HERE
4. Candy Cane (or two)
5. One other piece of candy, usually the Lifesavers Christmas Collectibles (My Grandma Smith used to get these for us kids when we were little, so it's like a gift from her :) )
6. Something homemade. One year, I hand drew a coloring book for him with all his favorite movie characters and superheroes (it was a 20 page book). Another year, I made drew him as a superhero in his own Comic Book. 


Then there are a few other fun things I add such as a new box of crayons or small toys. Last year I raided Target's Dollar section and got a bunch of their Christmas toys, he had a Santa yo-yo and rubix cube, Santa straws and cups, etc. 

These are some of the things I'm considering this year: 



1. Silly String. Trevor loves Silly String. He asks for it all the time. ALL THE TIME. Plus it's cheap for such great entertainment.
2. Mini Lego set or two. Trevor loves legos (I even made him THIS lego table to play at) and has well over 2000 pieces, but he always asks for more. These mini sets are perfect stocking stuffers. 
3. Coloring books- Trevor is a mini-artist. He loves anything art. 
4. Playdough- he's got 2 or 3 of those playdough playcenters, but the dough itself is dried out. I may make this homemade in several colors!
5. Glow sticks- Every day can be a rave at our house. NBD. 


What are some of your stocking stuffer ideas? 




6 comments:

  1. Love this! My little brother still loves Legos, and he's a teenager!! Thanks for linking up with us!!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm sure Trevor will love his legos for awhile!

      Delete
  2. A homemade colouring book is such a good idea! I am definitely going to file that one away for future use! I laughed a little when I saw the glowsticks...every year we get a donation from a big company for camp and the last two years the donation has included literally thousands of glowsticks. We have entire closets full of boxes of boxes of glowsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Glowsticks are a big thing around here, if you ever need to get rid of some of them, ship em to me :)

      Delete
  3. Very thoughtful list!! I have a little man too- great ideas!

    ReplyDelete